Saturday, August 21, 2010

Thick,Long, naturally curly hair...HELP ME!?

I have possibly the thickest naturally curly hair. my hair is super thight curls in the front and loose waves in the back. my hair is log and layered and the back still does not curl like it should! I have tryed so many products! Im looking for somthing that will make my curls smoother, bigger and silky...


FYI: little frizz oils, like frizz-ez i have to use at least a half of a bottle to get anywhere near enough for my hair! so i count those out!


Does anyone know anything that could help me???


Balms,creams,ANYTHING!





also any suggeston on how to straighten it? Im a college cheerleader and the coach says its more uniform for my hair to be like everyone elses at games! I have had 4 girls with 4 chi irons come over and straighten it.... it took near 2 hours. ANY suggestions?Thick,Long, naturally curly hair...HELP ME!?
Product is HUGE for you. You have to ';hit'; on the right combination for you. I have a couple suggestions that might work for you. Over the years I've had many clients with your type of hair, and yes, they ALL had a terrible time until they got the right combo and then the secret is to use enough product to work! Most people make the mistake of not using enough product in the hair to get the desired results. You HAVE to saturate the hair scalp to ends with a Leave-In Conditioner and then go over the top of it with a Defining Gel.





Two of my favorite lines that really help are:


1) Nioxin Smoothing Reflectives They have an entire part of their line that is for course/wavy/unruly hair. Silk Elixir is the Leave In, then go over the top with either Pure Shine Gel Or the Smoothing Gel (that one is pretty firm) I've had many clients that like that combination. The shampoo and conditioner that go with that does wonders to the feel of course/wavy/unruly hair. Makes it feel soft.





2) Aquage Smoothing Shampoo and Conditioner or Hydrating Shampoo and Balm makes the hair soft and moisturized. Aquage Defining Gel is awesome for natural curl. Holds the curls together without feeling stiff and crunchy when dried. There is also a Smoothing Ultra Gel and a Defining Creme.





Both these product lines could give your hair a ';silker'; feel, but I'd definitely use the shampoo and conditioner that goes with it to get the full effect, it will make a huge difference other than trying to only use the styling products. For your hair type, MOISTURE is big too. You have to keep your hair properly moisturized. These two lines will help you do that, you just have to pick!





You MIGHT could try having a skilled stylist relax the front of your hair just a bit, enough to soften the curl so it might match a little closer to the back. I wouldn't try relaxing it all straight. Your hair will look better if you can embrace your curls and work with them instead of fighting them.





Good luck! I feel your pain! ;)Thick,Long, naturally curly hair...HELP ME!?
Tell you cheer coach too bad. Trying to tame curly hair is like trying to make a black person look white. Not going to happen. We had a standard hair style we all had to have....a ponytail in the middle of the head.





All the chemicals, and appliances are going to make your hair look like straw...how is that ';uniform';.
u can do a japanese straightening perm. however if your natural hair is really curly, tat probably wont last long. wat i suggest is for you to straighten only your bangs and leave the curls at the back, get your stylist to 'thin' your hair so that it wont be so puffy. after washing your hair, run some volume cream into it, twist your hair with your fingers and let it air dry. then spray silicone gloss. almost any brand out there has these. asian girls would kill for your hair since wavy hair is really big right now.
to make your hair less frizzy and a better looking curly, usse redken frizz free product. as soon as you get out of the shower squeeze out of bottle and run through your hair evenly. then, blow dry your hair and use a diffuser, for 15-20 minutes.


to get your hair straight. brush wet hair as soon as you get out of the shower and bow dry it while brushing it straight. blow dry in small portions.
To straighten your hair - while your hair is still wet, apply thermasilk straightening cream to your hair. Then, blowdry it until it's completely dry. Then take a very hot ceramic hair straightener and straighten it. This is how I do my cousin's hair that's VERY long and VERY curly.
I think you should be proud of your hair, I know lots of girls with boring plain straight hair who wish they had curly hair like yours. Its pretty cool to be different, you'll get noticed! Don't fight with it, use a gel or mouse right after the shower, twist small sections and let it air dry. Don't touch it or wear a hat after the twisting.
I have really curly, thick hair also! I've always wanted straight hair and finally have a style where I can go straight or super curly. I recommend getting your hair chemically straightened and have it cut/thinned...Aveda makes a nice, calm chemical straightener that wont' jack your hair up. Now, it won't make you straight, but it'll calm you down.


Next, use a good shampoo and conditioner to hydrate. I use Aveda's Brilliant Line. For styling (straight or curly) I swear by the Frederic Fekkai Olive Oil Glossing Creme (you can get this @ Sephora.com or at Victoria's Secret now).


If I'm going curly, I'll use an alcohol free gel, Brilliant from Aveda, and then to finish, Aveda's Brilliant Serum.


If I'm going straight, I'll blow dry my hair while brushing it downwards and then go over it with the straight iron, then, I finish with the Brilliant Serum. It takes me a little while to get through it, but it's worth it. All of these products go a long way because of the high quality, natural ingredients. I think getting your hair thinned out will make a world of difference, and you don't have to compromise with the length. You could also opt to have a pretty expensive and lengthy hair straightening process done, it's a Chinese process. Not sure of the technical name.

No comments:

Post a Comment