Saturday, August 21, 2010

I have a Flat Iron, I try to create waves, and only HALF successful!?

So, I use a Chi flat iron. I don't like the thing despite the many raving reviews people give it. 1. it fails at keeping hair straight all day 2. pulls my hair 3. seems hard for me to create waves.


Yesterday I washed my hair. I used a deep conditioner from Avon called planet spa. After that I towel dried my hair. I have very thick, long, wavy, dark brown hair. The thing is, I love my wavy hair when it is done drying! BUT it's frizzy, and when I brush it the waves are suddenly gone and barely wavy. So I decided to look on youtube or google how to get waves with a chi flat iron. I tried EVERYTHING. I clamped the flat iron on a section of hair, rotated it 180, pulled it down, and....STRAIGHT HAIR. It WASN'T like it was in the youtube video! ??? so where did I go wrong? Also, I tried to wrap my hair around the plates and then pull down as shown in another video...the flat iron didn't glide down like the video showed, it was actually STUCK. It wouldn't budge it was wrapped around so much! I don't live with my mother, so I never knew how to keep hair looking good in humidity or how to straighten or curl hair at all. So I really need this information or some advice on how to make my hair better and actually be able to create waves without my hair being stuck or doing the opposite and straightening. Or, maybe an answer on how to keep the waves when my hair is done drying?I have a Flat Iron, I try to create waves, and only HALF successful!?
when you get out of the shower, scrunch a mousse for wavy hair (garnier makes a great one!) into you hair and let it dry. it will be wavy but the frizz should be gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment