Thursday, August 19, 2010

How can I have straight hair for 6 hours?

I want to find a way to keep my hair straight for 6 hours. I have semi curly hair and when I straight it with my chi 10 min later it starts to curl up!!!! I live in a very humid place anduse tons of hair spray HELP MEHow can I have straight hair for 6 hours?
I have VERY curly hair and I live on the MS Gulfcoast - at least 95% each day. Use Pantene Smooth Conditioner, then after that, twist with a towel. Apply Alterna Hemp Straightening Balm and leave it in, dry it using a brush, use a chi (the best) and then use Aveda Brilliant Emollient. My hair stays straight for at least two days, (unless it rains)How can I have straight hair for 6 hours?
You can get Pantene at any walmart or drug store but the other two can only be purchased at a salon. It's a little more expensive, but it last FOREVER and very much worth it.

Report Abuse



a falt iron!
you could go to the hair dressers and get it done correctly or maybe the flat hair iron isnt hot enough
OMG. I have the EXACT same problem! Okay, I use Bed Head Straightening Spray. It keeps your hair curl-free, and it smells good! :)
get shampoo and conditioner that has a straightning serum in it.


i reccommend herbal essences pin straight :)


good luck!
Straighten small, one inch peices of hair at a time. It takes a while but works. Then rub a small bit of leave in conditioner (i use Garnier Fructis sleek and shine leave in conditioner.) Only use a little because too much will make it greasy. Then straighten the stuff into your hair. You'll probs hear a sizzling sound. This helps my hair stay straight (i have a chi too). Then add some hairspray. I usually run the straightener through my hair a bit more again so it doesnt look wet.
after you straighten try to put hair spray in it!
Well first off you need to look for shampoos and conditioners that say something like humidity resistant on the front. You could try Herbal Essences ';none of your frizziness'; line, or even better Garnier Frucits sleek and shine. instead of hairspray, use, istyle by sami, ';stop my frizzies';. it is supposed to lock in a style and controls frizz really well, it works better than hairspray without the stickiness and stiffness. finishing sprays like garnier fructis gloss finishing spray are good to put on after you've straightened your hair too. if you need to go to extreme measures use john frieda frizz ease line, they are supposed to control frizz, from humid weather conditions. i dont know how you live like that, id die, it takes me 45 min to an hour, to straighten my hair, if it started curling up ten min later, id surely move! jk jk!try some of these products they always work for me on rainy days when i have to go outside, and really humid days!





signed hair expert.





: )
Part of your problem might be all that hair spray. (It is rewetting the hair after you are done flat-ironing it.)





Try using a straightening shampoo and conditioner, a straightening balm or cream after towel drying, and then use a heat protectant right before you use your CHI.





I love the SexyHair straightening balm called ';Power Straight'; but it is hard to find, another good one is the Bed Head Control Freak system.





A good Anti-Frizz, thermal protectant spray is the Kenra Thermal Spray and/ or the Sebastian Laminates Thermal Shine Styler. The Laminates one will act as a hair spray when you are done, but the hair doesn't feel stiff or sticky.

No comments:

Post a Comment